Thursday, July 16, 2009

Well friends, here's one (maybe the only one?) time where I can honestly say I'm happier to be in Iowa than on the sunny shores of San Diego:



http://www.10news.com/news/20077090/detail.html


Gross, right?


Speaking of gross, John and I were recently bombarded by these flying annoyances: June bugs. Which, by the way, not only are they annoying, but they are also liars in that they were nowhere to be found in the month of June. July however, is a different story. We probably have about 40 of these dead, laying on our garage floor. I'd sweep them out if we had a broom for garage usage, but we haven't taken the plunge in that arena just yet (there are just so many brooms to choose from!).


And, speaking of bugs, it appears as though the pink computer has recently caught some sort of bug/virus and is currently being examined by the Condon family technician, Dave. Hopefully he'll be able to fix it, otherwise I might be forced to go out and buy a new fun colored computer. Anyway, until the pink computer returns I unfortunately will not be able to post pictures of our awesome Iowa extravaganzas since the good ol' company computer prohibits such activities as downloading personal software. We should have lots of fun things to post in the upcoming weeks though; we have our three year anniversary, the Iowa State Fair, fun bridal events for John's soon-to-be-wed sister, Kelly, and then our super awesome trip to San Diego!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

bye a MAC!! you won't have to replace it in 3 years. Plus, you'll be cooler. like me.

LOVE YOU.

Unknown said...

and here's how you know I'm not drunk. because I know the difference between bye and buy, as in goodbye and purchase.

you should BUY a mac friend. and then you can still be cool like me. or really not cool. i totally sharted on that one. way to go English teacher. ugh.

p.s. that squid thing is no big deal. have you been watching shark week? yeah right. oh and also, i got in trouble at a teacher's workshop today because i asked, "where do babies come from?" when the instructor lady asked, "what questions do you have for me?" and then i thought about how you and i always had to run extra laps at practice. some things never change.

KaBecky said...

Reading your comments, I can't help but think you and Corie must have really torn up the rug in cheer practice! I heard Debbie is not longer teaching - I can see why! (Did I really raise you to be this way??) Seriously, I love how you turned out, love your blog (I finally sat down to read it) and I can't wait for you to come visit!! You can blog your own beach experience - I heard there a quite a few sharks and rip currents off Camp Pendleton. Oh yeah, and I remember the time you and your friends would always swim out too far so the lifeguards would come rescue you.......